Arnold Schwarzenegger knew the importance of well developed arms. Arnold regularly utilized these 10 highly effective arm building exercises to develop peaking biceps and massive triceps. With arms training, simple and effective is the rule.
If you want an upper body that gets noticed then make the following biceps and triceps exercises part of your training routine.
1. Barbell Biceps Curls: The barbell biceps curl is the best exercise to build mass and strength in your biceps. Grip the bar shoulder at shoulder width and curl the bar up to your chin in a controlled manner, then slowly bring it back down. Do 4 sets of 10 reps.
2. Dumbbell Biceps Curls: Another great biceps builder. Start with dumbbells on your side. Curl the dumbbells up fully contracting the biceps and slowly bring them back down. Do 4 sets of 10 reps.
3. Preacher Curls: The preacher curls are a time-tested method of building big biceps! Contract your biceps at the top of the motion and perform the movement in a controlled manner, slowly bringing the bar back down. Do 4 sets of 10 reps.
4. Incline Dumbbell Curls: Lie back on a bench inclined at 45 degrees. Keep your back straight and feet flat on the floor. With your hands hanging on the side, curl the dumbbells all the way up and contract, and slowly bring them back down.Do 4 sets of 10 reps.
5. Reverse Barbell Curls: The reverse barbell curl is a great exercise to build both the biceps and forearms. Go all the way up, contract and slowly bring the bar back down. Do 4 sets of 10 reps.
6. Close Grip Bench Press: Close grip bench press is the key to building big muscular triceps muscles. Making the close grip bench press part of your routine will not only add mass to your arms, but also make you stronger in your shoulder and chest training. Grab the bar 9 centimeters apart and keep your elbows close to the body. Do 4 sets of 10 reps.
7. Parallel Bar Dips: The parallel bar dips are another great triceps mass builder. Stay relatively upright with a slight forward lean. Go as far down as safely possible and come back up. Keep your elbows close to your body when doing dips. Do 4 sets of 10 reps.
8. Lying Triceps Extensions: This exercise is a must for well-developed triceps. Keep your elbows close to the body and pointed up and bring the bar down to your forehead and back up. Do 4 sets of 10 reps.
9. Cable Triceps Push-down: This is an isolation exercise that directly targets the triceps. You can use either an angled or straight bar. Press the bar all the way down while keep the upper arms still against the body and bring the bar back up. Do 4 sets of 10 reps.
10. Cable Overhead Rope Extensions: The cable overhead rope extension is another great isolation exercise that will target the whole triceps area. Do 4 sets of 10 reps.